The 21Connect is the solar car with which Solar Team Twente reached fifth place in the World Solar Challenge in 2011. 21Connect represents the connection between companies, educational institutions and government institutions that support Solar Team Twente. When designing and building 21Connect, the focus was put on aerodynamics, because the emphasis was put on handling the incoming energy as efficiently as possible. This car, therefore, has a so-called ‘belly’ where the driver is situated. The outer shell was designed using a thick air foil. This creates a nice air flow over the body.
- Year: 2011
- Dimensions: 4.300 x 1.800 x 1.250 mm (L x W x H)
- Mass: ± 180 kg (excluding driver)
- Wheels: 3 (1 in the front, 2 in the back)
- Solar Panel: 6 m2 crystalline silicon solar cells with ±21% efficiency
- Battery: 21 kg lithium-ion cells
- Top Speed: 140 km/h